Monday, October 28, 2013

The End Of Poetry - Reprise

This depiction of Comet Halley's orbit is typical for all recurring comets. There are many other comets which plunge in an elliptical arc to loop near the sun and then depart, never to return or at least not in any forseeable future. I am more like Comet Halley. I keep coming back. That might be cause for dismay.

Note that Comet Halley is in retrograde motion, that is, it is in solar orbit travelling backwards in relation to its planetary neighbors. That's probably right for me too.

I have an agenda. Here it is. Sometimes my orbits are like the comets but at the near end of the ellipse is always the Bodhisattva ideal.

The End Of Poetry

I want my poems
to reach heaven's view and say
just everything
so clearly, without
refutation, that lives change
and we all can rise,
grow the angel bright white wings
and I no longer
have to write this stuff.

April 30, 2009 12:27 PM
Image of Comet Halley added October 27, 2013

Originally posted April 6, 2010, this little thing is unchanged but I am rather far into the surreal part of the loop these days. You never know. I might enter the shape shifting asteroid belt again any moment now or the sarcastic cometary source, though the comets are birthed at the far end while the solar Bodhisattva source is at the near end. I hope you all can take a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!