Thursday, November 27, 2008

Speaking Truth, The Committee

It is common and probably right to think that just as I am I cannot come before the Lord to speak the truth. First I need to know the truth, no small feat. Next I need to become pure in some deep sense that reaches beyond all the petty gains and losses of the day. Finally I need power, not to influence the Lord but to withstand Him, his holy presence, reputed to burn away all lesser substance. This would not be a problem in any measure, if it were not my deeply sensed calling that I am one who is supposed to stand directly in front of the Lord and speak the truth. Of course I have no idea how to accomplish this or when.

Here is a poem envisioning who I have to be, and when such a thing is very close.

Speaking Truth

The dragonfire
Does rise, a tide within me.
I sniff smoky air.

Beside me, the blaze. In my cave
I stir, open golden eyes.

Soon I will depart
And wing to heaven. I will
Speak truth to the Lord.

***************************

I am not skinny. My hair is mouse brown. At least I still have most of my hair. In between my ears, I am not alone. I have

The Committee

It's really crowded.
Too many of us in here.
Sweaty, noisy too.

I want to see out my eyes.
There's a brown crowd in the way.

I lose who I am
Sometimes. I become someone
Skinny, with blond hair.

2 comments:

  1. Very Interesting....

    KayDee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Committee!! The playfulness coupled with the seriousness is excellent. I think there's a committee in my head, but they can never reach a consensus:)

    I've been away for a while, and now I'm having fun reading everything you've done while I've been gone. You are very prolific, and the reading is a pleasure. Thanks for linking me. I'll get you up on my site tonight. Thanks again for the wonderful poems.

    P.S. - The history of your name is so interesting. I'll have to look around more to see if you have any poems about it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!