Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Next To Last Line

Temperate Deciduous Forest World Distribution in green

The Next To Last Line

The shadows my words
may cast streaming quickly through
your tropical heart:
Oh, I'm temperate
and seasonal. Here spring comes
after ice and snow
and leads toward dry
heat, not monsoon, dust not mold,
nor humidity.
Spring itself rains down
on me and my short hair queen
while in the next block
a guy keeps chickens,
not me. See? Almost done now.

‎April ‎10, ‎2014 12:10 AM

Tropical Forest World Distribution in green

Note: A female cat is called a queen or a molly unless she is pedigreed in which case she is called a dam. Apparently there is no distinction between a fertile queen and a neutered one. Not so with males, who are toms if fertile and gibs if neutered according to one source. Gib is said with a hard gee.

Written in collaboration. See Irene's No Harm Done

Another note: Chickens are going away as images in my collaboration poems. Presumably, there will be one more chicken poem, with the chickens appearing in the last line.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Christopher! My newest poem could have been a response to this, but I wrote it before I read yours. I guess we are synchronized!

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!