Friday, May 9, 2014

My Shadow Fading

Somewhere In San Francisco

“Enlightenment weekends” and gurus and seminars and sitar music and Birkenstocks and biodegradable toilet paper are nothing more than the postmodern masks of humanity and its progressive front. Nothing more. Social networking, constant, unending blather, quoting the Tao Te Ching, saying twenty affirmations before noon–all are utterly meaningless if you are driving to your corporate job later in your SUV. And yet, this is what almost everybody around you does.
-shawnmichel, Blog Comment contributed by: Chrysalis

"Only those who have awakened know that they were sleeping."
-Source: "As is Where is" - by Jim Paredes

"Some go to sleep in an organization and never wake up, and those who do wake up put them selves to sleep again by joining another. This acquisitive movement is called expansion of thought, progress."
-Jiddu Krishnamurti, Commentaries on Living, Vol. I

"The trouble is, I can easily remain asleep and claim I am fully awake. I suspect this dishonesty is my normal condition. How shall I know otherwise? It is probably not the capacity to change I lack. Where can I find sufficient courage to change?"
-Christopher Hileman in a recent musing.

Farewell Message

You said, "Don't wake me."
I've tiptoed around all day
spreading the silence
of my stray visions
and I think I've done fair to
middling at keeping
peace for you, but now
I have other paths to cross,
my mission from God.
When you wake, you'll find
my note on the oak table,
my shadow fading
on the bedroom wall.

September 14, 2010 3:02 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!