Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Duet - A Magpie Tale

Posted by Tess Kincaid as a writing prompt for Mag 205

The Duet

I watch from the door.
You don't see me, you staring
out the wide window,
turned in Egyptian
profile and gauze gowned for sleep,
still glowing from steam.
I gave you your wrap
of terry, then tracked your scent
to our room nearby.

Oh, you were not there
though I thought you'd be waiting.

So I have come here
and find you sitting
above the keys, with your toes
working melody
in the harmonic
duet of our hope and truth.

At least so I hope.

‎February ‎2, ‎2014 11:24 AM

7 comments:

  1. Oh I can see her there...all towel-turbaned and Egyptian...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different! "in the harmonic
    duet of our hope and truth." I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and my fingers are crossed for them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the earlier comments - original, imaginative and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!