Thursday, December 24, 2009

To All My Loves, This Season

I wrote this in December, 2003 and gave it away to those who were in my heart at that time in celebration of Christmas. I wrote recalling the heights, recalling Maire and the story of the queen I once loved lifetimes ago. I posted this poem first on Nov. 17, 2008. Now I repeat this offering on Christmas Eve, 2009.
*********
Dec. 24, 2003
In the spirit of the season, in the spirit of the world's yearning, in the deep places in between all conflicts that persist even though we all know better - here is a musing that surprised me today, as love often surprises those who yearn for the beautiful, the true. Because I have loved this woman, I can love many women. Because I love women, I can also love men. Because I love men and women, I can also love God. Because I love God, I can live today.


To All My Loves, This Season

Ever in my heart, I am grateful for what has happened between us.
It is a piece of the soul's story, a flowering of the Beloved, eternal.
When you take me in, even a little, the present tense of the Infinite
Returns and lifts me into Beauty. Truly you are the Best One -

Truly not you as you struggle here and now, no not you like that -
Truly you as you cascade through all time and space, as we all do.
Maid of the Deepest Moon, you shine, you light a symphony of love -
And me, the Man of the Northern Wall, alight for all time through this.

This is what you have given me, what survives chaos and all pain.
This is what I celebrate in my best moments far beyond our dream.
As I travel on, when I can remember, I choose to sing the moon
And stars and the perfume of you lingers near my heart, calling me.

I shall never be lost again, not as I once was. Now I dance
To songs I know to sing. My heart stays open for you and beyond
To others as I must, following the call bigger than you or me
Until we meet at the other end of this time and claim our true home.

(This is why I pray I do not depart ever in the chaos of lost love,
but if depart we must, I pray to keep the truth of love alive.)


Merry Christmas. May there be much joy in the coming year for you and yours.
Christopher

9 comments:

  1. Love you my friend. This is beautiful.

    Today is one of those ones I continue to be grateful for, that and the moments of connection that happen when we stand still and allow them.

    Life is good, always, is it not.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, who knows how this all turns out. You can try predicting but I heard a guy say,

    "I never knew if I took a drink how that would turn out..."

    "Now I'm sober," he said, "and now I have no idea how sobriety will turn out."

    That's about the size of it. Merry Christmas to you, my sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartfelt and beautiful: the best kind of poetry. An enchanted season to you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly....it is all in the particular perception of the moment I suppose. Just for today I choose to see the positive.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, my friend. Merry Christmas also to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you, Christopher. Love and best wishes for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{{Lucy}}}}

    I am sure you know how to keep the season, and I am sure you have.

    Thank you for your kindnesses. I have grown quite fond of you and yours. My best to Tom and Mol.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!