Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Enough For Now - Three Word Wednesday

Somewhere near here something smells...

I wrote this poem to use the words Gifted; Intense; Rot. Thom offered these words as a writing prompt for his Three Word Wednesday site. Go here


Enough For Now

She said I'm gifted.
She said I come from good stock.
She said the world would
Love me and welcome
My accomplishments and pay
In praise and in pelf.

It's intense and strange
how rot may smell of roses.

I think of the things
have happened all down
the years to put me
on the verge like this, balanced
for now in obscure
light and falling leaves.
It rained today. I stayed in.
Come here and kiss me.

‎October ‎15, ‎2014 4:11 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!