Sunday, October 19, 2014

Breaking Free - Wordle 183


Wordle 183 by Brenda Warren for this week's Sunday Whirl Click on the link, and then click on Mr. Lincky to find the others.

Breaking Free

The witchdoctor said
I'm crazy, not a martyr.
She called my soul out,
saying it should shine
bright white with stranger laughter
making your steel crack,
your childhood shake all
apart - its shadow turn gray -
your diamond dim
and change to drab sand.
I'm not shackled, prisoner
to your freaky whim
any longer, sport.
Just toddle off. Find your seer.
Tell him your secret.

‎October ‎19, ‎2014 1:02 PM

13 comments:

  1. There is an overwhelming sense of victory and personal power to this piece....I particularly like....
    "I'm not shackled, prisoner
    to your freaky whim
    any longer, sport.
    Just toddle off. Find your seer.
    Tell him your secret."
    Indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, i just want to click; i love it. clcik

    ReplyDelete
  3. redemption in personal power. sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting what people are seeing in this. I only sort of understand what I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean you guys are helping me with my own work here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toddle off to freedom, to find your seer. Break out. Make the steel crack. My reading at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toddle off - exactly the sort of thing my old colleague Carroll F. Raaum might have said, actually did say in some context. I have books from his library distributed after his death from complications of a form of Parkinson's.. He left a hole in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great words, did have a laugh with the toddle off part.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!