Monday, September 22, 2014

Triangle

The space elevator is not practical at present but could be, waiting future developments. It would extend to a terminus in geosynchronus orbit perhaps a tenth of the way to the moon. The ride would be the distance equivalent of going all the way around the planet, about 25,000 miles.

Triangle

"I built the final
lift, the elevator to
the moon, to beyond
all the local sights.
Look! That plaque, it bears my name.
Well ... my nom de plume.
You bet I am named!
And that lift I built for you -
you know that, Sweetie,
yes you do," he said,
all plaintive and hesitant.

You murmured at that,
having to admit
at least that much is due him.

Me, I still have proof -
the rich scent of you
between my fingers, beneath
my eyes, down my chest.

‎September ‎22, ‎2014 3:28 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!