Monday, September 24, 2012

Clarity Of Mind - Reprise

Mickey getting himself into trouble.

In 2009 I submitted poetry to Jo and Christines' publishing venture Ouroboros, and I appeared with one poem in the spring issue. I submitted six. This is one of the other five, one that I am partial to because it highlights one of the ways that I don't seem to fit this world very well.

Clarity Of Mind

I get the broom out,
Looks rather worn, used before,
Which makes me snuffle
About the state of things.

Something in me is sure stuff
Done should stay done, if only
For awhile, but no-

Here is the floor of my mind
All dusty again.

Written December 16, 2008 6:36 AM
Submitted to Ouroboros but rejected.
First posted April 7, 2009

This is caricature of Walt Disney joined with Salvador Dali. Much of the original Fantasia draws on Dali's surrealism.

Images from the blog Online-Inquirer for September 6, 2012 *click here* The subject of this post is the perennial nature Walt Disney's Fantasia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!