Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Low Pressure

Blowing a Gale

++ Stormy Weather at Fort Foster. Beaufort Scale definition of a moderate gale: Sea heaps up. Some foam from breaking waves is blown into streaks along wind direction. Moderate amounts of airborne spray.

This photo was taken by N. Houlihan on March 1, 2005 in Kittery Point, Maine, US

Low Pressure

The wind is a hole
in the flatulence of sky,
a shift to fall in
or out. We release
the last ropes of inquiry
and stop declaring
edges among them.
The wind is a hole that breaks
all my frayed straight lines.

‎February ‎7, ‎2012 9:58 AM

2 comments:

  1. christopher, the last line does something so curious,
    "The wind is a hole that breaks
    all my frayed straight lines."
    it tears me apart and yet gives me hope. embodiment, disembodiment, body, spirit, questions, acceptance, light and dark. we are made and unmade on the head of a pin. the wind is a hole that breaks all my frayed straight lines.

    i love how we can do this for one another, christopher, that we might say, ah, we are here in the world at the same time, look at how we make and unmake each other. you have been instrumental in the last few years in the making and unmaking of me. i am always grateful.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. (0)

    That you acknowledge me, that you see me...amazing.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!