Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Too Damn Late

I got snagged in stuff and now it's too late to post. I have to get ready for tomorrow, eat dinner and stuff. Sometimes I just hate the computer. It was Word did it to me. I used to know before they changed it how to have double columns, then how to have a short full page thing so I could draw a line all the way across and then with a new section use double columns again. What happened, I had an extra line I couldn't get rid of and even though it was past the section break and into the single column theoretically it insisted on tying to the break and staying at the end of the double column. Plus. I had the single line all the way across. I did everything I could think of and finally had to kill that file and transfer everything into a new file. Then I gave up. Now I am reporting this experience here. Computer programs are smart until you expect them to behave like you think. They don't. Then they are really, really stupid.

What frosts me, I have done this maneuver before, but that was before the sea change in Word.

6 comments:

  1. ah, yes, technology, our friend and saviour, except when it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not kiddin' - unless it is required of me that I throw tantrums because I throw the best ones at the computers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) i don't have Word, but i know this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my friend makes little bean bags to throw at the tv when her sports teams suck or when she doesn't like the news and such. could work for puters too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep a "bataka" beside my chair in case anyone irritating comes around. A bataka is a bat with really thick padding and a hand guard besides that was designed for personal combat in therapy settings in the 1970s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh, I'm pretty sure I need one of those, this "bataka" you speak of. I just used brooms and bats on Murry and Mitchell when they were like ten cuz they were already bigger than me. They love to tell the broom and bat stories ;oD)

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!