Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Junker - Three Word Wednesday


The Junker

Just how neglected
did you think I was, shambling
or how jubilant
could I ever be
driving your ancient blown out
piece of compact junk?

Piles of weird gritty
crumbles and flakes of what once
were colors get up
my nose with results
dripping in one expected
moment and stinging
in its aftermath.

You shame my former posture
of flash and contrast.
You keep me wrapped up
in your basement of worry,
your spidery web.

December 3, 2014 9:47 AM

Written this day for Thom's Three Word Wednesday, Week No. 404

5 comments:

  1. 'You keep me wrapped up
    in your basement of worry,
    your spidery web.' love these lines
    sometimes you just have to let the bird fly no matter how much you worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sheilagh these lines are just great
    "You keep me wrapped up
    in your basement of worry,
    your spidery web."

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice .. and an interesting ode to an old car ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, actually I was thinking the poet was viewing himself as the junker. The poet is a character in the poem here. This is not about me or my car which is a very nice late 2008 Mazda van.

      Delete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!