Friday, November 27, 2009

I've Done It Again

It’s time for a little resizing. I might be just a tad too fat for my tights. I’m a terrible gardener. Mostly now I hire someone in to keep my yard civilized. Here is one man’s version of my plight:

I have a rock garden. Last week three of them died.
-- Richard Diran

That one had me howling. Dancing around on all fours, wishing I had thought of it first. Then I Googled Richard Diran. Try that. Talk about resizing.

Maybe I start to sound sometimes like I am not just another bozo on the bus…

I've Done It Again

I'm coming apart
and they say I am right where
I'm supposed to be
and I ache for you
now that you've sent me away.
Why did I do this?
Right where I'm supposed
to be, learning how
I make my own misery
by judging your heart.

What can I do now?
Pretend nothing's wrong?
I don't know how to stop this.

February 28, 2009 7:53 PM

7 comments:

  1. Hi:) as your poem is from a while back, you probably figured out what to do, or something changed it.
    I watched this beautiful movie tonight, Sabah. It is all about love, and i felt very sad after, more like, sorry for myself, because the movie had a very happy ending. I felt exactly as you say; what can i do now, i don't want to go whining about it, not even to myself. So i opened my blog :) what a world! I feel very good again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jozien, :D

    Nothing was wrong then, exactly.
    Except. I have a really strange sense of humor. So I wrote a poem that pointed out a kind of shortcoming in my relationship with nearly everything, a dream sequence where I am both of the characters or none. None of it was actual except the last which I know all too well.

    I do make my own misery by judging. And once I have done it, too late. There is no backing up and undoing.

    But you are right as well. There is going forward. The going forward solution is always the same one, involving forgiveness and beginning again in some new way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god yes......and my rocks die too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we're all bozos on this bus. want to honk my nose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. {{{Michelle}}}

    Ghost, my friend, this raises a couple questions. How can I grab hold of your ghostly nose? What if I get slimed?? Ectoplasm changes everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's a little slime between friends?

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!