Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Prometheus Chained - 3WW

Thom writes:
Each week, I post three words. You write something using the words.

Then come back and post a link to the contribution with Mr. Linky (but please, link to the exact post, not your blog, by clicking on the exact post title and paste it to Mr. Linky below). As always, there's no hard-and-fast rule that you have to post on Wednesday.

To join this week's 3 Word Wednesday writing group *click here*
This week's words:

Badge; Darken; Liability.



Prometheus Chained

The badge you gave me,
I have worn it constantly,
watched my uniform
fade around it, the cloth
beneath darken accordingly.

I must of need shed it all,
all to my last breaking bone.

Liability
hovers over me
like a vulture might, seeking
my liver before
it putrefies, swells
in alcoholic sway, becomes
dangerous to eat.

May 29, 2013 9:58 AM

3 comments:

  1. Well, there's a good reason to drink - to protect my liver. Who would have guessed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disturbing closing image,a solid impression. Enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!