Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Wrecking Crew

Fashion for The New York Times (the backdrop in a foggy day) 1956
Tom Palumbo - www.tompalumbo.com

Thom writes: "Each week, I post three words. You write something using the words.

"Then come back and post a link to the contribution with Mr. Linky (but please, link to the exact post, not your blog, by clicking on the exact post title and paste it to Mr. Linky below). As always, there's no hard-and-fast rule that you have to post on Wednesday.

"I invite everyone to check back often to read and comment on other contributions. This is, after all, a community for writers who clamor for feedback."

To find this week's Three Word Wednesday *click here*

This week's words: Demolish; Resolution; Transform.

The Wrecking Crew

The watery thin
sun of year's end rose today
behind lower clouds
than usual, not fog,
not that, but still they mask well
your scheduled structure.

We shall demolish
this old relic and transform
the vacancy left
according to rules
of the new resolution
handed down to us.

December 28, 2011 4:41 AM

"A Foggy Day" is a song composed by George Gershwin, with lyrics by Ira Gershwin, introduced by Fred Astaire in the 1937 film A Damsel in Distress. It was originally titled "A Foggy Day (In London Town)", and is often still referred to as such.

A Damsel in Distress(RKO) is a 1937 English-themed Hollywood musical comedy film starring Fred Astaire, Joan Fontaine, George Burns, and Gracie Allen. With a screenplay by P. G. Wodehouse, loosely based on his novel of the same name, music and lyrics by George and Ira Gershwin, it is directed by George Stevens.













6 comments:

  1. A wrecking crew is just what's needed when it comes to old habits. Fits with the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said and well done.
    and great timing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another of those graces. I did have intention but this poem is more precise to New Year's Resolutions than I was thinking when I wrote it.

    Thank all those who comment and those who do not.

    To be truthful about things, I am more interested in the numbers of hits than I am of the comments. I see myself as just another "published" writer and while my work is in this format, most writers do not get nor expect specific feedback. Neither do I.

    Happy New Year to all. Again, I struggle with economic woes and health issues and between the two I have real difficulty keeping up my posting AND my reading. I am sorry I don't get around more. I would if I didn't have to work for a living.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Thank all those who comment and those who do not."

    Damn.

    Thanks to...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still, it's nice to recieve the occasional comment. I liked this one, especially the first stanza. It makes me want to get around to participating in 3ww again.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!