Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Do I Have To Make Sense?

Fat Tuesday

Thom at Three Word Wednesday offers:

Belief; noun: An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists; (belief in) trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.

Festive; adjective: Of or relating to a festival, cheerful and jovially celebratory.

Rumple; verb: Give a creased, ruffled, or disheveled appearance to; noun: An untidy state.

As ever, Thom writes
Each week, I post three words. You write something using the words. Then come back and post a link to the contribution with Mr. Linky (but please, link to the exact post, not your blog, by clicking on the exact post title and paste it to Mr. Linky below). As always, there's no hard-and-fast rule that you have to post on Wednesday.

*****

Do I Have To Make Sense?
(This is poetry, after all, serious stuff! zzzzz)

For the fun of it
I shall add one Fat Tuesday
to the other joys
his belief displays
on the festive mantlepiece
of the Stiltskin home.
Rumple is his name
and he will grumble sometimes.
Not brown today though,
nor any dark hue.

I really don't know just what
this is all about.

December 12, 2011 5:05AM

For the rest of the gang *click here*

ps, because of TWW I am leaving this poem alone here. However this evening I discovered I like the poem better with the second line in the title and a change I have made. I wonder if you will like it better. I will say this. The poem is a killer when spoken aloud with a dramatic voice. I have one and in reading it aloud, I think there is much more meaning to it. You might try it. Here is my second version.

Do I Have To Make Sense?
(This is poetry, after all, serious stuff! zzzzz)

For the fun of it
I shall add one Fat Tuesday
to the other joys
placed by disbelief
on the festive mantlepiece
of the Stiltskin home.
Rumple is his name
and he will grumble sometimes.
Not brown today though,
nor any dark hue.

I really don't know just what
this is all about.
*********************
See what changing one line can do?

8 comments:

  1. I don't either but Hey, I like your poem.Fat Tuesday should get together with Fat Bastard (name of a wine)and hang out with Rumple Stilskin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Wiki says: Fat Bastard is a fictional character in the second and third of the Austin Powers films. A morbidly obese henchman hailing from North Britain, Fat Bastard serves Dr. Evil in his quest to defeat Austin Powers. The character is portrayed by Mike Myers.

    I guess I like it that it is also a wine produced by Thierry Boudinoud and Guy Anderson. About the name, they said, "The next day Thierry had Guy try an experimental wine he had left on the lees (yeast cells). Both friends had no idea that this would result is such a dramatic difference from the wine they tried the day before. It had a wonderful color and rich, round palate. Thierry exclaimed "now zat iz what you call eh phet bast-ard," he said in response to the wine."

    I have no idea whether Rumple is confused. I know he can be bad tempered. I stay away those days if I can. Otherwise the Stiltskin home is a great place to hang out, far from Corporate Seldom-Seldom land where I earn my living.

    As for me, I am hoping that it's okay I make no sense sometimes because I don't see how I can stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who said it had to make sense. It is a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you worked the Stiltskin family into it; we hear so little of them these days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!
    of course i do
    it's the answer to my question
    because the only thing true; nothing has to make sense. why did i even think there was such notion.
    thanks
    (manonses is the word verification:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jozien, you delightful girl! Yes, indeed. Making sense is a tool, not a condition. Making sense may be essential in many situations, but it is still a posture and a way to gain authority for some attitude. We impose our version of sense. In its most pristine form it is symbolic and mathematical logic, or else it satisfies our basic emotional life, where there is some hope for agreement across cultures and peoples - we all have difficulty harming children as an example.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!