Sunday, March 30, 2014

Of All The Things

Image offered by Tess for Mag 213


Wordle 154 offered by Brenda for The Sunday Whirl

Of All The Things I've Lost
I Miss My Mind The Most


I am shivering
and hoping I shall soon heal
and the rows of spots
will fade on my root.

It's all been a pack of lies.

That shining razor
was not in my pouch,
not this time, I growl.

You burst
on the scene less one
tooth (I have it here),
your tats exposed, your red shoes
gifted from heaven.

I need a damn plan.

Mending socks, that might be good.
I needs me some socks.
The moths have been in
my drawers and I found one
lying dead in there.
Overfed I guess.

Maybe not.

‎March ‎30, ‎2014 1:55 PM

Written for Tess Kincaid's Magpie Tales
and Brenda Warren's The Sunday Whirl



10 comments:

  1. Powerful poem.
    I love the story behind, View From The Northern Wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I curse my brain for being so selective in its memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happens to the very best of us! I think there are a good few marbles knocking around in here though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this especially the overfed moth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poem is good and the background info is interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Chris...you are a creative genius...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blush* well then... I think I will be 75 before my ship might come in and with my luck I will die at 74. Don't get me wrong. That'll be all right.

      Delete
  7. A fabulous incorporation!

    Red shoes gifted from Heaven.....what a fabulous vision that would be! I get told to go Hell usually, while I'm after new shoes...!!

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!