Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Other Side - Reprise


Many spiritual disciplines focus on the idea of getting out of here, or what it is like once you are out of here. There are others with another opinion. The nature religions question why you would want to get out. There are social religions which focus on doing really well here and not worrying too much about what comes next. I feel, for example that Judaism tends to be like that in some of its mainstream manifestations.

I have written many times in a variety of places that while not really Buddhist, I do follow the Bodhisattva ideal, and that means no matter what I really feel about the planet, I vow to remain on the planet life after life. I don't really go anywhere unless we all do and I do whatever I can to facilitate that. Whatever "go anywhere" means. Also whatever such a vow to remain can mean in the face of forces considerably larger than I am. I feel down deep that such a vow is useful for waking up, whatever waking up means. :)

The Other Side Of The Argument

Heat flows back and forth
Within my heart, also yours
Unless you're a saint.
Climbing up the pole,
Sliding back down the same pole,
Toy clockwork monkeys.

I say sorry to God,
Know I should attempt escape,
But I cling tighter.
I guess I'm perverse.
I want to stay here today.
I have work to do.

Written November 30, 2008 9:15 AM
First posted March 3, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!