Sunday, September 26, 2010

With The Goddess


Nemesis, by Melanie Delon

There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

I remember well. To consort with the Goddess, has ever been my privilege. I do not fear.

With The Goddess

As you approach me
I find the edge of myself
tremble, then dissolve
as your sea takes me
into the orbit
of your lunar gravity.

There I find that I'm
overcome, must be
with you, conjunction of sun,
moon, total eclipse,
full corona, flares
on all sides of me as I
burn, nuclear fire.

July 19, 2009 2:43 PM
Modified September 26, 2010 12:02 PM

4 comments:

  1. This has me questioning everything I thought I had arrived at in regards to love. But perhaps not. I don't know. (Throwing hands up.) I give up. Ha!

    This is beautiful, Christopher.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,
    It's all true. All of it. What? What contradictions?? What contraries?

    This is a world where you can say God and the eff word in the same sentence. That's just the way it is.

    Perhaps the wisest love is an arrangement between two eyes wide open adults who conspire to keep house and make a home, a safe place, each knowing the other in patience, tolerance and kindness.

    On the other hand, the nova flare of passion is too delicious to miss even though the flame out may burn out your entire world. That increase in the flow can't happen for long without divine support. Thus it had better be a god or goddess that you love.

    Namaste, good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. conjunction of sun,
    moon, total eclipse

    I know this feeling... your poem expressed it to perfection.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!