Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Wooden Head No. 2


Wooden Head

I wanted to be
a real boy way back then
and got my damn wish.
I fell for you hard,
skinned in seventeen places
scabbed and sore, torn up.
Had I stayed in wood
there would have been bashed edges
and splintered corners
but no bloody skin -
you ran from me just the same.
You grabbed my heart, tore
it out of my chest
and it shattered as if wood
into twelve pieces.

‎January ‎6, ‎2015 3:35 PM

This is the second time I used the Pinocchio theme. I had forgotten the earlier poem, first written in 2009. The same theme.

To compare, if you want, you can go here:
Wooden Head

I think it might be interesting to see the evolution from one poem to the other.

2 comments:

  1. I liked the latter version better than the former...Your second one seemed to have more meat to it

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!