Saturday, June 7, 2014

Who Knows What's What

Image of the Mouse telling her story to Alice and many others

Have you ever heard someone regale a friend with a story of the long ago past and wonder, since you were there, what on earth that person doing the talking is talking about? It happened to me frequently with a certain family member who remembered things very differently than I did. On the other hand there were certain times where I know I was not all that clear, so I deferred to this family member's memory. What was irritating though, certain favorite stories about me were shared far and wide, and I am sure what happened for real was not like that. Grrr.

Who Knows What's What

When you tell of us
in those long ago places
and times, you tell it
so different that
I have to wonder what's up.
Either you have it
wrong or I twisted
things my own way. I don't know.
You or me, sister.

September 17, 2010 2:06 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!