Sunday, August 21, 2016

Finding A Lover



"The Buddhists say if you meet somebody and your heart pounds, your hands shake, your knees go weak, that's not the one.
"When you meet your 'soul mate' you'll feel calm - no anxiety, no agitation." - Monica Drake

Graceful

I am normally
too clumsy but when it comes
to you, my love, grace
happens and I can
undo the ribbing around
your heart as though it
was not welded tight
by your own tensioned device,
by how the years fell.

August 9, 2011 3:56 PM

2 comments:

  1. hmmm but I like it when I have those symptoms this Monica writes about. Is their virtue in that, just enjoying the glory of that? And what's so good about soul mates, in my experience they too come and go. Nevertheless I love your poem. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christopher, I hoped maybe you would write a poem one a day for april, it's a thing i believe:). And about the photos, if you would unasked used a photo of mine i would be thrilled to find it. I felt ambivalent about the photo i was talking about on fb, because it was used on an educational site.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!