Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Lawyer - Three Word Wednesday


Abraham Lincoln is reported to have said, "a lawyer who represents himself in court has a fool for a client." It is not clear Abe actually said this. However, it is sound advice. Even a lawyer should have a lawyer in court.

On Three Word Wednesday, Thom gave us these words:
Glimmer; Fatal; Impartial.

I normally would have written a smaller poem but I got entranced by the story so here it is. Sorry I'm late. It's complicated.

The Lawyer

The glimmer will reign
the other lights after noon,
high or otherwise,
and the misty day
could turn fatal if we dance
to the wrong ditty
too soon, my dear one.

I'll try for an impartial
verdict but I doubt
I will get it from
that red nosed fool of a judge
with his brown glass flask
clinking in his back
pocket underneath his robe.

So let your gun slip
as it must, my dear,
eventually dipping
below the ridgeline
of the fate behind
your eyes and my mind's eye too
as I strip my lines.

We will not be moved
off dead center, not today
my dear, not today.

‎September ‎10, ‎2015 2:28 AM

1 comment:

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!