Sunday, June 25, 2017

Foggy Dawn



She said there's room for
some kind of flash in the pan,
some flare up of hope,
some change in the shape
of slithery things to come
once the sun rises...

if the sun rises
on this latest weird damn day
of all the long days

that trail behind us
and are still rolling over
our crushed and shattered
arrangements and poise

(we had no right to them all)

as we lay them down
with the feathers shed
in our summer's latest molt,

We call as swans do.
our bodies newly pink
and utterly bare.

25 Jun 2017 5:33 AM

6 comments:

  1. I may be reading this wrong or maybe it is my cantankerous optimism but the last lines sound a beacon of hope, new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... the same hope in "there's room" in the first line, I think.

      Often my partners see more hope than I do, yet I am still here...

      Delete
  2. I may be reading this wrong or maybe it is my cantankerous optimism but the last lines sound a beacon of hope,


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!